Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year...same Goals

What a year 2014 was!  I completed my first ever race. A 10K. My time wasn't stellar, but I finished and I was so proud of myself. I completed my 2nd ever race. A half marathon. You heard me right. My 2nd race of my life was a half marathon. Something I never ever expected to be able to do. I finished in about 3:15, which was pretty good for someone who has never been a runner  

That experience was amazing.  Not only did we run for an amazing cause, the OKC Memorial Marathon, but it was also something that my husband and I did together. Of course, we didn't stay together during the run...I only kept up for a mile...but we trained and recovered together.

We also had really great support from our families. My parents weren't able to make it because of some crazy life circumstances, but seeing my in laws, kids, and sister and brother in law at the finish line was one of the most memorable moments of my life. 

So, what does that have to do with this year you ask?  Well, we are going to do it again. The race is April 26th, which happens to be my youngest kiddo's third birthday.

We are staring our training now, which includes another whole 30 for me and lots and lots of running. It might be a little harder to get started this time because I am about 20lbs heavier this year than last.  So I will be working on getting the weight off through diet and exercise. 

I am ready to see how much better my time will be this year and to see how much more of the race I can run compared to last year. 

So here is to 2015 and all that it brings, for life, happiness, and most importantly healthiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment