Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 9 and Day 10: Is it Friday yet?

What a week!  Oh man this has been a crazy week.  End of the month is always a challenge because of my job.  Usually I am a ball of stress and nerves and body pain.   And before my stress remedy was lots of sugar!   I mean, who doesn't feel better after a Brownie Fudge Sundae  from Braum's?  But not this month.  I didn't even blink an eye when they had cake at work on Wednesday and cupcakes at work today.  And I didn't judge anyone for partaking...nope, not one bit.  

Okay, so I don't just want to toot my own horn {{toot toot}} because I haven't had sugar for 10 days.  One  of the greatest things has happened as a result of The Whole30.  I haven't been having as much body pain. Who knew that eating whole foods for only 10 days can make such a difference in your body?!? Wait, you mean the people who wrote the book, and the millions of people who have participated in the plan knew this already?  Seriously.  My body feels so good.

I do have a confession to make.  The Bible says "Confess your sins from one to another and pray for each other so that you may be healed."  James 5:16 I hate to admit it, my body has been feeling great but it hasn't been because I have been getting more sleep either.  And don't you know, the week I pledge that I am going to bed at 10 pm my kids won't go to sleep, and I can't fall asleep, and my kids won't stay asleep, and I am stressed, and I must be honest the biggest reason I haven't been in bed on time is because I am obsessed with playing a game on my Kindle...no I won't tell you which one...I won't let you fall into my horrible time-wasting, sleep-stealing addiction.  It is for your own good.  Trust me.

And its not like I have been addicted to this game for a long time...but it has got me, hard.  I need your help and your prayer for me to get rid of this addiction and replace it with working out, sleep, and something that is beneficial...like laundry.  

So, I know that with just the change in my diet, my body is already changing.  And I am not just saying that because someone told me that I looked skinnier either.  My inflammation in my joints is down, and I can move my shoulder without pain.  My desk job involves a lot of typing and 10-key work and by the end of the month the constant repetition with my right hand usually leave me writhing in pain at night.  But not this month.  I am noticing a HUGE difference.  I couldn't be happier, and I know that it is solely due to the change in my diet.

If you haven't been convinced by me to try this new lifestyle yet, just wait.  I can not believe what I am going to experience over the next 20 days and I am so excited that I get to share it  with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment